Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Comments on other blogs!

Just a few comments I've recently made on some other blogs in the realm of my own subjects. Amazingness, so check them out!


Made with Pink is a blog that combines two of my great loves - food and England - so it is no surprise that I am all over it. And given my affection for the topic at hand, well.


Please Sir, May I Have S'more?
This post was so nostalgic of my time in England, especially now that it has been a few months since I've returned home to the States. The Brits I was sharing a flat with while there had of course never heard of s'mores so we Americans decided to teach them a thing or two. We tried to use Hob Nobs before we had any graham crackers (we never thought of making our own!) but forget the crumbling; they just didnt taste like what we remembered. When one friend eventually had graham crackers shipped over we decided to try again. Not having an open flame on the stove top we had no choice but to use the oven. We put the ingredients together like regular s'mores and then just baked them for a few minutes. They still tasted pretty great, but I think I like your idea with the crumbly bits and mini marshmallows even better. I think I'll try that over here now too. Thanks!


The Lady Who Lunches is a blog that I have read for quite a while now. After her recent move back to the States this post particularly spoke to me.


Killing Spiders and Other Bad Metaphors for Change
I actually thought this was a great metaphor for change. And as I am terribly arachnophobic it was particularly fitting. I studied abroad in London last spring and loved every minute of it. I expected to have reverse homesickness upon my return but it didn't prepare me for the real shock I felt when I really got back. I'm still feeling the shock, and am constantly reminded of London in everyday life. I'd like to think I've gotten past the biggest spider, to use your metaphor, but I know that more are going to jump out at me at inopportune times or when I didn't see them coming. But I'm getting used to being back; slowly but surely LA is again becoming home. Thanks for this post; it feels good to see other people feel the same way!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like my last comment didn't post - I was just saying, just remember how much richer your life is now that you've studied abroad. I studied in Paris and know how you're feeling!

    ReplyDelete